Thursday, July 02, 2009

When Chase, Dylan, and I have no place to be we usually eat our breakfast and then go outside and play. I don't play, I drink my coffee and watch them play. That's how I stay in such excellent shape... Anyway, today started out in that same way, we got up, they asked to go outside, I said after you eat bloddy bloddy... So we eat and Chase and Dylan go outside. I am making my coffee when Chase comes in and says, "mom, there's a bird on the ground. and that's not the interesten thing about it. the interesten thing is that his eyes are open" and then he proceeded to do a fairly accurate bug eyed dead stare face.

Of course I do not want to investigate this. Those of you who know me know that I HATE birds. But, you know, I had to suck it up for the kids and see what was going on. Chase of course didn't want to be near the bird and Dylan most likely wanted to kick it so I headed outside. Right outside the sliding glass door to the immediate right was a dead bird (or so it seemed.... doo doo doo doo). There was also a bloody smear on my sliding glass door where it tried to fly in. (seriously?) So I had Dylan come back in and we watched a movie instead. About an hour later I am walking by the sliding glass door and there's the bird. Just standing there. I guess it was just stunned.....

Well no, it was more than stunned because the next time I walked by (no, I'm not obsessive or anything, well, actually I sort of am, but I was working on switching the computer room to another room and kept making trips by the bird. You know I didn't WANT to see it.) it had migrated over toward the bbq and was dead. again.


Later on................................

So, trip #527 by the bird and it's standing up again but I realize that it's left leg is tick tocking back and forth in about the spot a knee would be if birds had knees. And ew, it left a disgusting mix of blood, bird poop, and something chunky I'd prefer not to think about on the concrete by the bbq. Sick. At this point I just closed the curtains. I looked a few minutes later and it was gone. Yay.

Morgan gets home from work and I tell him about the bird and ask if he could please clean up any evidence (so I can pretend this did not happen) and also look in the yard for the bird because it wasn't looking so good and I thought it might not have gotten very far after it finally left. He proceeds to tell me that next time I should just get towel and put it over the bird and then it'll just lay there. AS IF!!! I must of looked horrified at this because then he just laughed. I mean really, I've been with the man for 11 years.

Of course Chase had to demonstrate the bug eyed dead stare face for Morgan. He also pretended he was a bird and "flew" into the kitchen cabintes and then landed on the kitchen floor. That was pretty funny. Oh, and in case you're wondering, the bird had just gone back to it's original spot and finally died.

Dude.

P.S. Tiesha, I am offended and hurt that you haven't checked my blog.... I will most likely mention your name in all my posts until you check it ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! That is hilarious!! Sort of disgusting but super funny...especially because you LOVE birds so much :) Good story!!

TSHAA said...

Ha! I loved seeing this on facebook because it would happen to YOU of all people. And, I secretly feel so cool that you mention my name in your blogs. I'm so sorry it took me awhile to check back in, but you really hadn't posted anything in a REALLY long time! :) love ya Court!