Tuesday, July 28, 2009


In case you're wondering......




How Old Navy handles a kid crisis, they do a really good job! So today, I dropped Chase off at Vacation Bible School and Dylan and I decided (and when I say Dylan and I, I just mean me...) to do a little shopping. I was in the clearance section of Old Navy chatting with Dylan and all the sudden I realize that I can't hear him anymore. I swear that about 5 seconds before that, he was talking to me. So, knowing Dylan I figure he's hiding from me and I use stern mommy voice, first and middle names, and start looking through the racks of clothes. Well, that doesn't work. I check the aisles to my left and right but don't really want to leave the last place I saw him. My heart is beating a little faster but I was still thinking he was hiding so I looked through the clothes again and still nothing. (here's the part where Old Navy comes in) I am not panicking (yet) but getting there for sure when I see the dressing room monitor walk toward me. I say to her, "I feel really dumb but I totally just lost my kid." All the sudden she is on the radio, the doors are locked, the music is turned off and ALL of the workers and yelling for Dylan. It was amazing, really good teamwork. Plus apparently with everyone yelling, Dylan came out of his hiding place. I knew it. Little jerk.

2 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

Holy crap! That would of freaked me out too! But I did get a good laugh out of it. It's always funnier after the fact.

TSHAA said...

Awesome! Leave it to your kid. Little wandering man who likes to go exploring!